|PURPOSE OF POSITION
Under the supervision of the Immunization Program Manager, leads a team to conduct outreach to update the statewide immunization registry (ImmTrac). Promotes and solicits parental participation in ImmTrac. Identifies and recruits new ImmTrac users and ensures they are properly trained. Oversees registry maintenance (new entries and updates). Conducts immunization assessments of schools and childcare facilities. Supports immunization clinical services as required.
• Leads the Community Service Aides primarily responsible for immunization information systems (ImmTrac), activities and population assessments. Ensures staff is trained and resourced to carry out their assigned duties.
• Conducts ImmTrac outreach to families of children (on the DSHS provided Client Outreach List)19-35 months of age not up to date in the registry, locate additional histories, and enter data. Identifies and contacts additional families of children for whom consent is granted, but who do not have complete records in the registry. Collaborates with health care providers and other entities to educate parents, expectant parents, and providers about ImmTrac and the benefit of participation.
• Conducts DSHS assigned population assessments and surveys of child care facilities and schools. Schedules these assessments and conducts remedial follow-up visits as required. Compiles and submits reports to DSHS and district leadership as required. Promotes and recruits these facilities as users of ImmTrac at every encounter and provides necessary training.
• Collaborates with district PHEP program to ensure first responders are informed about the advantage of ImmTrac and the ability to include first responders and their families in the registry.
• Assist with immunization clinical services as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Associates degree in a health- related field.
• Current Texas Vocational Nursing license plus two years experience in nursing care of patients, preferred.
• Experience in making presentations on health-related topics.
• Reliable transportation and a current, valid Texas driver’s license required.
• Knowledge of computer applications and software.
• Ability to work with a team and prioritize duties.
• Ability to interpret policies and implement procedures.
Northeast Texas Public Health District Human Resources
815 N. Broadway
Tyler, Texas 75702
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer