|PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide nutrition in-services, perform screening procedures, determine program eligibility, provide nutrition counseling and education, coordinate nutrition education effort, perform outreach activities, and operate computer occasionally.
• Provide nutrition counseling and education.
• Assess health status for WIC program eligibility.
• Perform height, weight, and blood screening procedures.
• Provide public awareness activities.
• Operate computer when deemed appropriate.
• Knowledge of basic nutrition principles.
• Knowledge of laboratory screening techniques.
• Knowledge of basic computer operations.
• Ability to measure height, weight, and hgb/hct value accurately.
• Skill and ability to determine program eligibility.
• Skill and ability to provide current and correct nutrition information.
• Ability to communicate effectively with management, employees, and the general public in person or using telephone.
• Ability to determine the proper immunizations to give.
• Availability to work 3rd Saturday of the month on a rotating basis.
• Ability to handle lancets and needles.
Four year degree in foods and nutrition, or related field with a minimum of 12 hours nutritional education from a college or university. No substitution for this 12 hour nutrition education requirement). Must possess a valid Texas driver’s license with a clear record.
NORTHEAST TEXAS PUBLIC HEALTH DISTRICT
815 N. BROADWAY, P. O. BOX 2039 TYLER, TEXAS 75710 (903) 535-0024 FAX (903) 535-0052 AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER